White Chocolate Berry Soufflés
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 331 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
Combine first 3 ingredients in medium frying pan on medium. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium high. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and mixture is slightly thickened. Cool. Preheat oven to 375 F (190°C), see Tip, below. Grease six 1/2 cup (125 mL) ramekins with margarine. Sprinkle each with1 tsp ( 5 mL) of second amount of sugar. Tilt ramekins to coat bottom and side of each. Gently tap to remove excess sugar. Place ramekins on baking sheet. Divide and spoon berry mixture into each.
Melt margarine in small saucepan on medium. Add flour. Heat and stir for 1 minute. Add milk. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes until boiling and thickened.
Add chocolate. Heat and stir until chocolate is almost melted. Do not overheat. Remove from heat. Stir until smooth.
Combine egg yolks, granulated sugar and about 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk mixture in small bowl. Stir into remaining milk mixture. Heat and stir on medium low until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to large bowl.
Beat egg whites in medium bowl until stiff (not dry) peaks form. Fold about 1/3 of egg whites into chocolate mixture until almost combined. Fold in remaining egg whites until just combined. Divide and carefully spoon mixture into prepared ramekins. Bake for about 20 minutes, without opening oven door, until puffed and set.
Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
- Berry Mixture
- 2 cups (500 mL) frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange-flavoured liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hard magazine (or butter)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hard margarine (or butter)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 3 white chocolate baking squares 1 oz (28 g) each), chopped
- 2 egg yolks (large), fork beaten
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 egg whites (large), room temperature
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing (confectioner's) sugar, for dusting