White Chocolate Almond Balls
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
Preheat oven to 350 F (180° C).
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
In a double boiler, melt white chocolate and stir in almond extract.
In a large metal bowl, beat softened butter, 1/2 cup (125 mL) confectioners sugar, and chocolate mixture.
With a wooden spoon, gradually stir in flour mixture until well combined.
Fold in roasted almonds.
Roll into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet leaving at least1 inch ( 2.5 cm) between cookies.
Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until bottoms are a golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
Roll cookies in the remainder of the confectioners sugar.
- 4 cups (1 L) pastry flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (500 mL) confectioners sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) slivered almonds, roasted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) white chocolate