Sausage and Pepper Frittata
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 15 MINS
- Total Calories: 310 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 23g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 22g
- Fibre: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
Beat eggs with milk, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper and set aside. Cook sausage in a 10-inch (25 cm) non stick skillet over medium heat until it is no longer pink; drain fat and set aside.
Heat same skillet over medium high heat and cook onion, red pepper and garlic for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cooked sausage. Pour in egg mixture over sausage mixture and lower heat to medium. As mixture begins to set, lift the edges to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until top is almost set.
Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until top is set. Cut into wedges to serve. Serve with tomato sauce or salsa, if desired.
You may replace the Italian sausage meat with a soy protein meat replacement.
If broiling, skillet handle should be heatproof or skillet should be ovenproof.
Preparation: 8 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) skim milk
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL ) dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped garlic
- to taste tomato sauce or salsa (optional)