Egg Lemon Salad
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 321 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
Blanch beans in boiling water in medium saucepan for about 5 minutes until bright green. Drain.
Immediately plunge into ice water in large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes until beans are cold. Drain, transfer to large serving bowl.
Add salad greens, tomato and onion, toss.
Combine first 6 ingredients in jar with tight fitting lid. Shake well. Makes 6 tbsp (100 mL) dressing. Drizzle over salad, toss.
Arrange eggs on top of salad. Sprinkle with cashews and parmesan cheese. Make 8 cups (2 L).
Tip: To toast nuts, seeds or coconut, spread in single layer in an ungreased shallow pan. Bake in 175°C (350°F) oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring or shaking often, until desired doneness.
Credit to: Company’s Coming, “The Egg Book”.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) fresh whole green beans, about 1/3 lb (150 g)
- boiling water
- ice water
- 4 cups (1 L) mixed salad greens
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- Lemon Dressing:
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) olive (or cooking) oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or 1/4 tsp (1 mL) powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 hard cooked eggs, quartered lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cashews, toasted (see tip, below)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shaved fresh parmesan cheese