Egg and Tomato Pasta Salad
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 509 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 58.6g
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water. Drain thoroughly and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
Chop tomatoes coarsely. (Note: If using dry packed tomatoes, soak in hot water 1 minute; drain and pat dry) add tomatoes, peppers, onion and parsley to pasta.
Add all vinaigrette ingredients to a screw top jar. Shake well.
Toss pasta mixture with 1/4 cup (50 mL) vinaigrette. Add eggs and toss carefully. Cover tightly; refrigerate both salad and remaining vinaigrette at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, add cherry tomatoes to salad and toss salad with remaining vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Refrigeration: 1 hour
- 5 cups (1250 mL) bow or spiral-shaped pasta
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each diced green, red and yellow peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or basil
- 5 hard cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- to Taste salt and pepper