Egg and Bacon Skillet
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: 30 MINS
- Total Calories: 600 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein : 28g
- Fats : 40g
- Carbs: 36g
1. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato, peameal bacon, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Scatter in a 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof skillet. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. In the same bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic, thyme and remaining oil; set aside.
3. Remove skillet from oven. Flip potatoes and bacon; scatter tomato on top of mixture. With a spoon, make 4 wells and 1 crack egg into each. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through or have reached desired doneness.
4. Avocado Puree: In a small food processor, puree avocado, yogurt and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with breakfast bake.
1. Add maple sausage instead of peameal for a different flavour.
2. This recipe can easily be doubled and made on a baking sheet for brunch entertaining.
3. Kick up the flavour of the Avocado Puree by adding 1 tbsp of finely diced Jalapeno peppers.
- 1 cup sliced and halved sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped peameal bacon
- 1/8 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 eggs
- AVOCADO PUREE
- 1 small ripe avocado, quartered
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste