Crêpes Stuffed with Eggs, Cheddar, Ham and Vegetables
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: 10 MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
In a frying pan over medium heat, melt (2 tbsp) 30 mL butter. Add vegetables and cook for 4 or 5 minutes. In a bowl, stir together beaten eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Melt remaining butter in same pan and cook egg mixture, as an omelette or as scrambled eggs.
Cover each crepe with ham. Divide vegetables and eggs among crepes, placing on one edge of each crepe. Sprinkle with cheese and roll up. Place in an oven proof dish lined with parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate.
At serving time, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Cover stuffed crepes and reheat for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite fresh fruit.
Replace fresh herbs with dried herbs, using about 1/3 as much. For a flavour burst, replace medium cheddar with old cheddar.
Tip: To keep crepes soft, brush lightly with water before reheating.
Preparation: 20 to 25 minutes
Cooking: 10 to 15 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups (375 to 500 mL) finely diced vegetables (zucchini, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc.)
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh herbs, your choice
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 large, thin crepes, homemade or store-bought
- 6 to 12 slices ham
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups (375 to 500 mL) medium cheddar cheese, shredded