Cobb Salad Panzanella
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 20 MINS
- Total Calories: 600 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fats: 8g
- Fibre: 3g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 29g
Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grate well. Stir olive oil with garlic; brush half over Ciabatta slices. Season chicken with salt and pepper; toss with remaining garlic oil.
Grill chicken until cooked through, approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, grill bread until grill-marked and toasted, approximately 1 or 2 minutes per side. Chop grilled bread and chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
Toss together bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and green onions. Divide among 4 plates; top with avocado, eggs, blue cheese and bacon. Drizzle with dressing.
- Substitute cubes of Cheddar for blue cheese if desired.
- This salad is just as delicious with Italian or balsamic vinaigrette.
- This salad is great way to use leftover day-old bread; you can also use baguette, French or Italian loaf.
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices Ciabatta loaf, about 1/2-inch (1cm) thick
- 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) torn romaine lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) half-moon sliced cucumbers
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 small ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 4 hard cooked eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely crumbled blue cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ranch dressing