Chicken Caprese Quiche
- Serves: 1
- Cooking Time: 35 MINS
- Total Calories: 286 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbs: 18g
1. To prebake pie shell: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line frozen shell with foil (making sure edges are covered) and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Place on cooling rack, lift out foil and pie weights and cool.
2. Spread chicken and tomatoes over base of pie shell. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
3. In large glass measure or medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over filling. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Substitute cooked turkey or ham for the chicken.
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup 5% Light cream or milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup Chicken, cooked & cubed
- 1/2 cup Small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) Deep-dish pie shell, baked
- 1 large ball bocconcini cheese (about 50g), finely diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil, chopped