When I think of eggs, I often don’t think of them as a Halloween food, with the exception of “devilled” eggs. Again, sorry for the corny jokes. Imagine my delight when I found these silicone egg molds while browsing Pinterest and was able to purchase through Amazon.
Here are a few tips to use these molds:
- Wash well in soapy water before using
- Spray the molds really well with non-stick spray or grease with butter (both the inside and outside). In the photo, some of the whites leaked a bit under the mold. Having the mold sprayed on the outside, made it easy to remove for plating
- Use a good quality non-stick frying pan
- I separated the egg yolks and whites so that I could place them in the proper locations
- The egg whites tend to cook faster than the yolks, so I placed them in about 30-60 seconds before adding the whites
- If your kids like the yolks totally cooked, cover the frying pan with a lid; however, they will likely film over and not be bright yellow.
Good luck and Happy Halloween!