1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
3. In a bowl, mix together your flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
4. In another 2 bowls, separate your eggs.
5. In the bowl with your egg yolks, add 3/4 cup of sugar and beat with electric beaters (if you have them) until they are pale yellow. Add 1/3 cup of milk and vanilla and just mix long enough to combine, then pour this into the flour mixture and again, mix just to combine then let hang out while you prep the whites.
6. In your whites bowl, slowly add 1/4 cup of sugar while beating on high, then mix until the whites are STIFF peaks. As in, could you turn the bowl upside down and it wouldn’t fall on your head stiff.
7. Fold egg whites into the batter gently, just until combined. It should be light and puffy and almost cloud like. Gently pour batter into baking dish.
8. Smooth it all out and make sure there are no big air bubbles. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Now you want to let totally cool on a cooling rack. Do NOT panic when it falls. It comes out looking LARGE and in charge then almost immediately falls, but this is FINE. Once it is cooled, poke holes all over the cake, GENTLY with a fork.
9. In yet another bowl, combine the evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, and 2% milk until mixed together. Slowly pour this milk mixture over the whole cake, SLOWLY. You want to let it all soak together…and soak in.
10. Cover the cake in plastic wrap and pop in fridge for AT least a few hours before you plan to eat – you can even do overnight.
11. MAKE YOUR WHIPPED CREAM- whipping cream, vanilla, sugar, salt and whip until somewhere between soft and stiff peaks. When you’re ready to serve the cake, lather this ALL over the top, then shake some cinnamon all over too! Serve with strawberries, or JUST A FORK AND PLATE!
Enjoy xo Happy “VACATION’!