Step 1 Preheat grill to medium heat (about 350°F/180°C).
- Step 2 Cut 1/2 inch (1 cm) off the stem end of each pepper. Remove seeds from top slices and seeds and membranes from bottom portion of each pepper.
- Step 3 For each pepper, whisk two eggs, 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese and 1 tsp (5 mL) parsley. Pour mixture into pepper. Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) cheese over top. Place top back on pepper.
- Step 4 Carefully place peppers on the grill. Close the lid and cook until peppers are tender and egg mixture is set and slightly puffed, 25 to 30 minutes.
• Choose plump peppers with a square shape. They should sit level.
• Vary the type of cheese: try Swiss, Tex-Mex blend, feta or Parmesan.
• Add diced ham to the egg mixture.