1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. This recipe works best with silicone liners as the mixture is really wet.
2. Cube the bread and put into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
4. Pour eggy mixture over the cubed bread and let soak up for a few minutes while we make the topper.
5. In a 3rd bowl, using 2 knives, or a pastry cutter, or a small food processor, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and really cold butter until it’s pea sized bits and crumbly.
6. Fill muffin tins with the muffin mix, filling about half way, leaving room for the crumble. Press the cubes down in, so they all fit together.
7. Sprinkle topping over your french toast muffins.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
9. Serve on their own, or drizzle with a little maple syrup.