1. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato, peameal bacon, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Scatter in a 10-inch (25 cm) ovenproof skillet. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. In the same bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic, thyme and remaining oil; set aside.
3. Remove skillet from oven. Flip potatoes and bacon; scatter tomato on top of mixture. With a spoon, make 4 wells and 1 crack egg into each. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through or have reached desired doneness.
4. Avocado Puree: In a small food processor, puree avocado, yogurt and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with breakfast bake.
1. Add maple sausage instead of peameal for a different flavour.
2. This recipe can easily be doubled and made on a baking sheet for brunch entertaining.
3. Kick up the flavour of the Avocado Puree by adding 1 tbsp of finely diced Jalapeno peppers.