Spinach and Mushroom Soba Noodle Soup
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: 15 MINS
- Total Calories: 424 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 21g
- Carbs: 53g
- Fat: 16g
Step One: Prepare soba noodles according to package instructions. Drain, toss with sesame oil to coat evenly, and divide into serving bowls. Set aside.
Step Two: In a medium skillet over medium high heat, add oil and sauté mushrooms until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Take off heat and add soy sauce to coat well. Divide mushrooms over cooked soba noodles.
Step Three: Meanwhile in a medium pot, combine chicken stock, sesame oil and soy sauce; bring to a low simmer. Add baby spinach and stir until just wilted, less than a minute. Ladle hot stock and spinach over noodles and mushrooms. Top with remaining ingredients; halved soft-boiled eggs, sliced green onions and desired garnishes. Serve immediately.
- 4 oz dried soba noodles
- 7ml toasted sesame oil
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 2 cups cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 1 l low sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 eggs, soft boiled, cooled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup green onion, white and green parts thinly sliced
- Optional: picked fresh coriander leaves finely sliced bird's eye chili, handful fresh bean sprouts, Sriracha