Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Serves: 8
- Cooking Time: 30 MINS
- Total Calories: 510 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 16g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
Preheat waffle iron.
Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well and set aside.
Whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree and butter in another large bowl. Stir in flour mixture until a slightly lumpy batter forms.
Spray waffle iron with cooking spray; add batter and cookuntil waffles are set and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with copped pecans and drizzled with maple syrup.
Tip: If you do not have a waffle iron you can use the batter to make pancakes.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (10 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk (1%)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup (or table syrup)