Potato Chip Cookies
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
Preheat oven to 375 F (190° C).
In a medium bowl, beat softened butter and sugar together.
Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
Using a wooden spoon, gradually mix in flour and crushed potato chips until well combined.
Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) balls and place on a greased cookie sheet 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart.
Flatten using the bottom of a glass jar or glass cup.
Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of each cookie and place an almond or pecan into the centre.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool on a wire rack.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (400 mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plain potato chips
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) pecans or almonds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar