- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: 10 MINS
- Total Calories: 300 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 15g
- Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 1060g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sugars: 1g
Stir flour with salt in large bowl. In another bowl, whisk stock with eggs; whisk into flour mixture. Fold in cabbage, onions and bacon.
In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the batter into the pan, gently pressing down with spatula to flatten. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is browned; flip over and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as necessary.
Toppings: Serve with sprouts, green onion, bonito flakes, ginger,
sesame seeds, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken stock or water
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) finely shredded cabbage
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean sprouts
- 1 green onion, finely sliced diagonally
- 2 cups (500 mL) dried bonito flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pickled ginger
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Asian-style hot sauce