- Cooking Time: 33 MINS
- Total Calories: 282 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 26.2g
- Fat: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
Melt butter in a 10-inch (25 cm) non stick oven proof skillet* over medium heat. Saute onion and celery for 4 minutes or until softened. Stir in potato and saute, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in parsley, sage, thyme, salt, pepper and chicken. Continue cooking, while stirring often, for 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour bouillon over vegetables and bring to a boil. Place pan in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Remove the skillet from the oven and with the back of a tablespoon, make 8 nests in the chicken mixture. Break an egg onto a small plate and slide into each nest. Season with salt and pepper. Return skillet to the oven and continue baking for another 6 to 8 minutes or until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
*Protect skillet handle by covering it completely with a double thickness of aluminum foil.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 33 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried sage and thyme
- to taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed cooked chicken or turkey, (about 3/4 lb / 375 g)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken bouillon
- 8 eggs