Mean Green Cheesy Bites
- Serves: 10
- Cooking Time: 42 MINS
- Total Calories: 210 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 11g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper. In large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion and garlic until softened, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add kale, spinach, salt and pepper; cook until wilted, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; let cool completely.
Stir in parsley, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in Fontina, Parmesan and eggs. Add breadcrumbs; mix well until mixture holds together (mixture will be a little wet.) Shape into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake until firm to the touch and golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute mozzarella for Fontina cheese if desired.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 L) stemmed shredded kale
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (% mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (250 ML) shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups ( 500 mL) fresh beard crumbs