Luscious Lemon Cheese Pie
- Serves: 8
- Cooking Time: 55 MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
Preheat oven to 180° C (350° F).
Cheese Layer – Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and blend well. Spread evenly in pie shell.
Lemon Layer – Beat all ingredients until smooth. Pour over cheese layer. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until set and golden. Cool on rack.
Garnish with lemon rind, if desired.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 55 minutes
- 1 9 inch (23 cm) pie shell, unbaked (preferably, deep dish)
- Cheese Layer
- 1 pkg (250 g) regular or light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- Lemon Layer
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon rind, grated
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- lemon rind, for garnish (optional)