Herbed Ricotta & Poached Egg Tartine
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 15 MINS
- Total Calories: 360 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbs: 29g
Stir together ricotta, parsley, basil, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Fill saucepan with enough water to come 3 inches (8 cm) up side; heat to gentle simmer. Stir in vinegar. Break cold egg into small dish or saucer; holding dish just above simmering water, gently slip into water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook in barely simmering water until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove eggs with slotted spoon. Drain well on paper towel.
Meanwhile, spread Herbed Ricotta over toasted bread. Top with avocado and tomatoes. Arrange poached eggs over top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
If desired, substitute fried eggs for poached eggs.
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh parsley, basil and chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 4 slices rustic French or Italian bread (about 1/2-inch/1 cm thick slices toasted
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.4 tsp flaked sea salt