Great Canadian Burger
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: 10 MINS
- Total Calories: 786 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein : 77g
- Fat: 36g
- Carbs: 38g
1. In a large bowl, mix together ground chuck, egg, garlic, red pepper flakes, onions, parsley, mustard, and enough bread crumbs to hold mixture together. Divide into 4 patties.
2. Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil grill.
3. Grill patties, turning once, about 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
4. Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, add oil and fry eggs sunny side up. Set aside.
5. Assemble burgers, on bottom bun, place cheese, peameal bacon, then burger patty and fried egg. Top with onions, tomato, pickles, lettuce and condiments of your choice. Serve immediately.
- BURGER PATTY
- 1 3/4 lb ground chuck
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2-4 tbsp (30 mL) bread crumbs, fresh
- 8 slices peamel bacon, cooked
- 4 slices aged Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 sesame hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- 1 onion, cut in thick slices
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 pickles, sliced lengthwise
- handful Iceberg lettuce leaves
- condiments of your choice (optional)