Eggs Benny Bake with Mason Jar Hollandaise
- Serves: 8
- Cooking Time: 60 MINS
- Total Calories: 449 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 30g
- Fat: 26g
- Carbs: 24g
- Toast or broil the 6 split english muffins then chop into 1 inch cubes. Toss with 4-5 tsp of the melted butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Cube your back bacon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your eggs and milk. Whisk until they are nice and incorporated but not super foamy. Add your salt, pepper, onion powder. Mix again then set aside.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spray with non stick spray then add your english muffin pieces. Add the cubed back bacon. Give a quick toss. Slowly pour the egg mixture over and then gently pat down to get everything “in the pool”. Sprinkle half the cayenne/paprika.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 3-4 hours, OR overnight.
THE NEXT DAY or LATER THAT DAY:
- Preheat oven to 350. Take off plastic wrap. Pop in the oven for 40-45 mins then take out, drizzle over the entire surface 4-5 tsp of melted butter, and return to oven for another 15 mins. **OVEN TEMPS WILL VARY. Please check that it’s golden, puffy, and a knife comes out clean from the centre. Adjust times accordingly! When it’s ready to come out, give it about 10 minutes to “set up” before you cut into it!
THE MASON JAR HOLLANDAISE
- In a small bowl separate 3 eggs, reserving the yolks. (use the whites for a scramble)!
- Melt 1/2 c butter and put into something you can pour from.
- Squeeze a lemon, you will need 1 tsp-1tbsp. This is TOTALLY your preference, you might want to start with 1 tsp, then taste
- Plop your 3 yolks into the wide mouth mason jar. Add the salt and lemon juice. Place your immersion blender down into the jar and turn on for about 20 seconds. You will see the yolks go from a darker yellow to pale yellow. Then slowly drizzle the melted butter down into the mason jar while you are using the blender. Once the butter is in, give a couple more spurts then you’re finished! THAT’S IT!
- Serve IMMEDIATELY, reheating may cause separation. *double boiler may bring it back, but this is more of a “use at the time”, type product!
ENJOY! Meg xo
- 8 eggs
- 6 English muffins
- 1 package of bacon (you want 1.5 cups chopped)
- 2 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 1/4 c melted butter (I used salted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.2 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup melted butter (I used salted, but some prefer unsalted)
- 1 tsp-1tbsp frsh lemon juice
- tiny pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper