Egg Stuffed Peppers
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 35 MINS
- Total Calories: 260 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 19g
- Fats: 18g
- Carbs: 7g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Slice peppers in half lengthwise and clean out seeds. Coat peppers with olive oil and place cut side up in an 8 x 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Stir in turkey, spinach and ¼ cup (60 mL) of the cheese.
4. Divide mixture between peppers and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cheese is melted and peppers are tender. Broil on high for a few seconds for extra golden tops. Garnish with extra chives.
If you don’t have leftovers you can buy a small boneless, skinless turkey breast. Season well then sear in a cast iron for 3 minutes on either side. Bake in 350°F (175°C) for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. Let rest before chopping. Freeze extra meat to use later.
For veggie option, omit turkey and use tofu instead.
- 1 sweet red bell pepper
- 1 sweet yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 cup finely chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 tsp EACH salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove liquid
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided