Egg Salad Pinwheel Wraps
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 10 MINS
- Total Calories: 282 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 15g
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Protein: 12g
- Fibre: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
Gently stir eggs with mayonnaise, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Store, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Line each tortilla with lettuce leaf and spread egg salad over top. Tightly roll into a log, similar to a jellyroll. Cut each tortilla into 6 pinwheels. Package snugly, in an airtight container, so the pinwheels hold their shape.
Add a couple dashes of hot sauce to the egg salad for a grown-up version of this recipe.
Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1 loaf white or brown bread, horizontally cut into 10 slices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, at room temperature
- 12 hard cooked eggs, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green onion, chopped (white part only)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) carrot, finely grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh dill, chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- 12 sweet gherkins