Egg in a Basket
- Serves: 1
- Cooking Time: 5 MINS
- Total Calories: 296 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 17.8g
- Carbohydrate: 17.3g
- Fat: 17.4g
With adult supervision…
- Butter bread on one side. Place it, butter side down, in small custard cup or coffee cup and gently press to form a shell.
- Line bread with slice of ham. Microwave on High (100% power) for 20 seconds.
- Break egg onto ham and gently pierce the egg yolk and white with fork. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap, with one corner pulled up to let air out.
- Microwave on medium high (70% power) for one minute and 15 seconds (that’s 75 seconds) or until egg is almost cooked.
- Carefully remove from microwave using oven mitts. Let stand covered, for 1 minute.
Variation: Try substituting bologna for ham.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (crusts removed)
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine (5 mL)
- 1 slice ham
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese (30 mL)