Egg Filled Biscuit Muffins
- Serves: 12
- Cooking Time: 30 MINS
- Total Calories: 98 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Sugars: 0.2g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fibre: 0.2g
- Step 1 Place eggs in single layer in saucepan. Cover, by 1-inch (2.5 cm), with cold water. Set the pan over high heat and bring the water to rolling boil. Place tight fitting lid on pan and remove from heat. Let stand for 6 minutes. Drain water and place eggs under cold running water for 1 minute or until cool enough to handle. Peel and set eggs aside.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add butter and rub into flour mixture, using fingertips, until mealy. Stir in the buttermilk and chives until well combined.
- Step 3 Line muffin tin with large paper liners. Working with wet hands, roll 3 tbsp (45 mL) dough around each hard-cooked egg and place in paper liners. Top with cheese.
- Step 4 Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until tops are golden and spring back when lightly touched. Cool slightly before serving.
- 12 medium eggs
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup (250 ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped chives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded Cheddar cheese