Egg and Vegetable Macaroni Bake
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: 30 MINS
- Total Calories: 484 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
Crust: Combine macaroni, eggs and cheese. Spread over bottom of greased 20 cm (8 inch) square baking dish. Set aside.
Filling: In large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Stirfry onion, seeded tomato and mixed vegetables until tender crisp. Season with garlic powder, basil and oregano. Pour over macaroni crust.
Topping: In medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Stir in cheese. Pour over vegetable mixture. Bake in 180°C (350°F) oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked macaroni, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 each small onion and seeded tomato, chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each garlic powder, dried basil and dried oregano
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt, pepper and dry mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) cheddar and mozzarella cheese blend, shredded