Egg‐in‐a‐Hole with Salsa and Feta Cheese
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 10 MINS
- Total Calories: 230 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 10g
Using 3‐inch (8 cm) round cutter, cut out circle from centre of each bread slice; reserve centres.
In large, nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; cook bread slices until lightly toasted, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into hole of each bread slice.
Season eggs with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Toast reserved bread pieces for 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Top eggs with salsa and feta cheese. Serve with toasted bread rounds.
- Substitute feta cheese with goat cheese.
- Try preparing this recipe with whole wheat, white or egg bread.
- 4 bread slices
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Pinch each salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup (125 mL) Tostitos® Medium Salsa
- ¼ cup (60 mL) crumbled feta cheese