Dilly Devilled Eggs
- Serves: 12
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 65 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
Measure grated cucumber into small bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes to release liquid. Drain. Squeeze dry between layers of paper towel. Return to bowl; set aside.
Remove yolks from eggs. Set egg white halves aside. Add yolks to cucumber.
Add salad dressing, dill and pepper to cucumber mixture. Mash with fork until well combined. Makes about 3/4 cup (175 mL) filling. Fill each egg white half with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) filling.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Standing: 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) english cucumber (with peel), finely grated
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 6 eggs, hard cooked, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh dill, chopped (or 1/2 tsp / 2 mL dried dill)
- to taste pepper
- dill or paprika (to garnish) (optional)