Chopped Chef Salad
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: 20 MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Sodium: 440g
- Fibre: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
Place lettuce evenly on bottom of medium bowl (about 3 qt/3 L). Top with layers of carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion and turkey. Whisk oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle over top of salad. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
Cut eggs into quarters. Place on top of salad.
To serve salad, scoop down to bottom of bowl to reach all the layers.
* Instead of turkey, use chicken, ham or bacon. Or
substitute additional vegetables such as celery, sweet pepper, mushrooms or zucchini. Try shredded or cubed Cheddar, Havarti, Swiss or Monterey Jack
cheese in place of Parmesan.
* Substitute 1/3 cup (75 mL) of your favourite dressing for the oil and lemon juice mixture.
Recipe provided by:
Section Seven Farms, Humboldt, Saskatchewan
3rd Generation Egg Farmer
- 6 cups (1.5L) chopped or torn lettuce greens
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber slice, and slices cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced onion
- 7oz (200g) chopped, cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp (0.5mL) salt
- Pinch of pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (25mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- e eggs, hard-cooked, peeled and sliced