Chicken Asparagus Frittata
- Serves: 8
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 249 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 19g
- Fat: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
Combine chicken, oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Heat large non stick frying pan on medium until hot. Add chicken with marinade. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer to separate medium bowl.
Melt margarine in same frying pan on medium. Add asparagus and red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until asparagus is tender crisp about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken mixture. Stir.
Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper with whisk in large bowl until smooth. Pour over asparagus mixture. Reduce heat to low.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese and goat cheese over top. Cover. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until bottom is golden and top is almost set. Remove from heat. Place frying pan on top rack in oven. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes until frittata is set and browned.
Preparation: 40 minutes
Baking: 30 minutes
- 8 oz (225 g) chicken, breast or thighs, boneless, skinless, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cooking oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) margarine/butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) asparagus, fresh, trimmed, cut into 1/2 inch (12 mm) pieces
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) red pepper, diced
- 8 eggs, large
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) parmesan cheese, fresh, grated
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) goat cheese, cut up