Cambodian Grilled Eggs
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: CALS
Nutrients per serving:
1. Using a large needle, carefully make a 1/4 inch hole in one end of the eggs (or a hole big enough for your funnel to stick into). Flick the pieces out, away from the eggs so that they do not fall inside.
2. Prick a tiny pin hole on the other end. Blow through it to push it out of the shell, into a bowl.
3. Stand the empty shells up in a steamer, placed inside a pot of water.
4. Whisk ingredients together and pour into egg shells (using a funnel and LOTS of patience). Be careful not to knock your eggs over. The nice thing about steamer baskets is that they can be squeezed around the eggs, holding them upright.
5. Refrigerate the eggs overnight.
6. Skewer the eggs and place on a hot grill until warmed through.
If you don’t feel like the hassle, this egg mixture would make wonderful scrambled eggs for a Cambodian inspired brunch.
- 12 eggs
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper