Bite-Sized Brunch Cups
- Serves: 8
- Cooking Time: 20 MINS
- Total Calories: 400 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates : 25g
- Fat: 29g
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Place pastry on lightly floured work surface. Roll each into a 12” x 10” rectangle. Cut into 24 equally sized pieces. Fit each piece into cup of a greased mini-muffin tin. Prick bottom of each pastry shell and chill 10 minutes in freezer.
Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cream, chives, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Divide cheese and sausage among pastry cups and pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until eggs are set and pastry is golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or room temperature.
- For vegetarian brunch cups, substitute sausage with a little finely chopped sundried tomato or roasted red pepper.
- For easy entertaining, the day before, make filling and store refrigerated. Fit puff pastry pieces into muffin tin and store in fridge or freezer. Before serving fill and bake.
- For a quick topper, toss together chopped tomato, finely diced red onion, salt and pepper.
- 2 frozen puff pasty sheets, each 10-inch (25 cm) square
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper & a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped crumbles cooked breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded ages Cheddar cheese