Beat the Clock Pasta
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 15 MINS
- Total Calories: 483 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 14g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 33g
- Fibre: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
Cook pasta in medium saucepan according to package directions or until just tender, about 10 minutes.
While pasta is cooking, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, vegetable seasoning, dry mustard, onion powder and pepper until combined.
Drain pasta, then return it to saucepan over medium-low heat.
Add egg mixture and vegetables. Stir frequently until mixture thickens slightly and vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add cheese and stir until melted. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.
Instead of vegetable seasoning, use a heaping 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each of dried basil, thyme and oregano.
If using frozen vegetables, add to the pasta in the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain with pasta.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) dry rotini pasta
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) light ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each vegetable seasoning* and dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) onion powder
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) assorted vegetables, cooked, chopped (eg. broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- *Or use a heaping 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each dried basil, thyme and oregano.