Baked Avocado Eggs
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 20 MINS
- Total Calories: 220 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 0.34g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fibre: 3g
- Protein: 9g
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 8‐inch (2 L) square baking pan with foil. Using a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado flesh to create a divot large enough to fit an egg. (Reserve flesh for another use.)
Place avocado halves in prepared pan so they fit snugly against each other; fold foil around avocados to prevent tipping.
Crack 1 egg into each avocado half; season with salt and pepper.
Bake until whites are set and yolks are cooked to desired doneness, approximately 18 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. To serve, top with salsa.
- After baking, sprinkle crumbled cooked bacon over eggs if desired.
- Serve with toast or warmed tortillas for dipping.
- 2 firm (but ripe) avocados, halved and pitted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Tostitos® Roasted Red Pepper Salsa