After School Casserole
- Serves: 6
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 428 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 27.5g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.8g
Whisk eggs with evaporated milk in a large bowl; add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Set aside. Spray a 9 inch (2.5 L) round baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the croutons in the baking dish. Set aside. Blend corn and tomato sauce; pour over croutons. Pour egg mixture over corn mixture. Place remaining croutons over egg mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil, pre coated with cooking spray. ** Bake in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean.
**Casserole can be prepared up to this point and refrigerated for up to 12 hours before baking.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Baking: 50 minutes
- 12 eggs
- 1 can (385 mL) evaporated milk, fat free
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning*
- to taste salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 box (150 g) croutons, plain or seasoned
- 1 can (341 mL) corn, whole kernel, drained
- 1 can (398 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) partly skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- * Or use 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each dried rosemary, sage, savory, marjoram, thyme and basil.