1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Place 3 cups rolled oats, maple syrup, oil, spices, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
3. Whisk 1 large egg white in a small bowl until frothy, then pour it over the oat mixture and stir everything to combine. Make sure everything is properly coated.
4. Pour the granola mixture onto a parchment-lined large sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Then take your fingers and pinch the granola into little clusters here and there. Naturally, it will do this in the oven, but by pinching bigger clusters, you’ll get lots of crunchy shapes.
5. Bake until the oats are lightly browned and beginning to dry, about 35 minutes.
6. Take out of the oven and drizzle the corn syrup over the whole pan, then without stirring, place back into the oven another 10 minutes or so. You basically want golden brown, but not too dark.
7. Set everything aside to fully cool.
8. Once cooled and crumbled, add your mix-ins, then store in an air tight container.