1. Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Pour enough water into the saucepan to cover eggs by at least 1 inch (2.5 cm).
2. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Immediately remove pan from heat to stop boiling. Cover saucepan and let eggs stand in water for 2 to 4 minutes until cooked as desired.
3. Drain water; immediately run cold water over eggs to cool them a little. Place eggs in egg cups.
4. Toast bread; spread with butter. Cut toast into 1-inch (2.5 cm) strips.
5. Crack tops off eggs with knife. Serve toast strips with eggs for dipping into soft yolks.