Asian Vegetable Wraps
- Serves: 2
- Cooking Time: MINS
- Total Calories: 241 CALS
Nutrients per serving:
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
In small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and chili paste. Make ahead:
Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Dip rice paper wrappers, 1 at a time, into large shallow bowl of warm water; place on dry tea towel and let stand for about 5 minutes or until softened.
Along centre of each wrapper, layer lettuce, sprouts, carrots, cucumber, onion, eggs and peanuts (if using). Drizzle with peanut dressing.
Fold bottom border over filling, then sides; roll up firmly. (Make-ahead: Wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.)
Instead of 4 rice paper wrappers, use 2 large 10 inch (25 cm) flour tortillas.
Preparation: time 15-20 minutes
- 4 large 8 1/2 inch (21 cm) rice paper wrappers
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seedless cucumber, cut in match stick strips
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 hard cooked eggs, each cut in 6 wedges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped unsalted roasted peanuts (optional)
- Peanut Dressing:
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) light peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) asian chili paste or hot pepper sauce