Tortilla Roll Up
This recipe is perfect for eating on the run.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 20 cm tortilla (8 inch)
- 1 egg
- 30 mL cooked chicken, turkey or ham, chopped (1 tablespoon)
- 30 mL grated cheese (2 tablespoons)
- 15 mL salsa (1 tablespoon)
- microwave oven
- glass plate
- cheese grater
- measuring spoons
- wax paper
Directions:With adult supervision...
- Place tortilla on a glass plate. Microwave on High (100% power) for 10 seconds.
- Break egg into middle of tortilla. Pierce yolk with fork and gently stir to spread the egg out evenly over the tortilla.
- Place chicken, turkey or ham on top of egg.
- Cover loosely with wax paper and microwave on High (100% power) for 1 to 1 ½ minutes until egg is cooked.
- Top with cheese and salsa, then roll up.
Optional:Add chopped green pepper and/or mushrooms before microwaving your tortilla roll up.
Nutrients per serving (1 tortilla roll up)Calories: 341
Protein: 19.1 g
Carbohydrate: 28.8 g
Fat: 15.6 g