The Growing Forward 2 On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics – On-Farm Energy Management Sub-Program reopened on July 26, but there are some significant changes to be noted.
- Retroactive projects will no longer be accepted. If a project has been initiated prior to the approval of the application, it will not be accepted.
- The grant rate has changed to more closely align with the upcoming Residential and Commercial solar programs. Grant funding is calculated as follows:
- ≤ 100 kW: $0.75/W to maximum 35% eligible cost share
- 100.01 – 150 kW: $0.56/W to maximum 27% eligible cost share
- In order to qualify for the On-Farm Solar PV grant program, an applicant must have an Electrical Distribution Rate Class that is rated as Farm, or equivalent, as of the month of January 2017. Proof of this rate class will be required.
To be eligible for funding, a Photovoltaic system must be:
- Grid-tied, not off-grid,
- Approved under Alberta’s Micro-Generation Legislation,
- Positioned to optimize sunshine and minimize shading,
- Have manufacturer-warranties on: solar modules, racking, inverters and/or micro-inverters,
- Installed on a Site ID that has a Distribution Rating Class of Farm, Irrigation, Grain Drying, or equivalent.
For more information, email: [email protected]